With the sales tax configuration mostly figured out, I wanted to fix the initial complete configuration of the Shopify store.  The first thing was to customize the Shopify theme.  I went through all the configurations of the graphic elements and the navigation.  Shopify themes using a template system for those sections.

One of the sections was the product pages.  I went through and improved the product template.

The other section was the checkout process.  It configured that.

Finally, I updated the home page with my desired layout and style.

Overall, I liked Shopify’s customization options for the selected theme.